MINI-REUNION 2021Wednesday, August 25 to Sunday August 29, 2021
Thanks all for your patience! We have finally been able to complete the negotiations for the upcoming Mini Reunion. We thought we might be able to negotiate a bit but found out they now had 2 years of demand trying to go after the same space – BUT we were able to get rates at almost the same level as we had last year. To insure we had ample supply of rooms for everyone who has pushed off traveling in 2020, we decided to increase our room commitment to 60 room nights so that we would have sufficient rooms for everyone. Now I’m going to need your help, especially if you want to take advantage of the Room/Suites that are available at these very reasonable rates. They are available as long as the supply lasts!
We have negotiated the following attractive rates:
- Grand Summit - Standard Hotel Room $159/night
- Grand Summit – One Bedroom Suite $184/night
- Grand Summit – Two Bedroom Suite $244/night
- Grand Summit – Three Bedroom Suite $299/night
- First thing to note is that there is no guarantee on the availability of Suites to rent, only Standard Rooms. If you have interest in these attractive rates for the upgraded suites, you need to act quickly.
- Second, we would like to have rooms available at the Grand Summit for all, and if we wait until next year to make reservations, we may not be able to expand our room count to have availability at these attractive rates.
- I remember clearly New Orleans where demand outstripped our commitment and we couldn’t expand the room count and unfortunately some had to be at another hotel. I am asking everyone who is planning on going, to make your reservations in 2020. We had 110 classmates at our Mini Reunion in Nashville. Certainly we will attract as many to Park City!
Things of note concerning our planned stay at the Grand Summit.
- They have reduced their normal resort fee of $35/day to $30/day for us.
- The sales tax rate applied to the rooms is 13.54%.
- We haven’t settled the planned schedule yet but would like to have the Class night at the High West Distillery which has great views and ambiance and is reflective of what Park City has to offer. It is only available on Wednesday night if we can get it! A West Point Class of 87 graduate oversaw it’s construction!
- Ladies – the Resort has agreed to offer a 15% discount on all treatment services and products at Park City Boutique and Spa! Ladies, start your planning!
Of note to all, even though the Class decided to push back the 2020 Mini Reunion to 2021, we had 7 classmates and 4 wives in Park City to have a dinner that Saturday night hosted at Bob Rauk’s house on their beautiful deck with some fantastic views. We had 2 classmates and wives from Utah, 3 from Colorado, I couple from Tennessee and another couple from Alabama. Hopefully you all saw the pictures we posted on Facebook.From Group Reservations:
Guests will be able to make reservations by calling our Group Reservation Department at 1-888-416-6195. Please have your guest’s identify themselves with one or all of the below information to receive the group’s special rates:Group Name:
Class of 1972 Mini ReunionGroup ID:
08/25/21 – 08/29/21Online Link
Please encourage all guests to make their reservations as soon as they know their dates of stay. Our reservations specialists will be able to assist you and your guests through the reservations process. They can provide all the information for the different room types within Canyons Village and the special rates available for your group. Please note that your special group rates are valid 3 days
before and after your above group dates.
Please do not shorten or edit the online link in any way or it will not work properly. 08/25 – 08/29 are the default dates. In order to change dates of stay please select the desired dates and hit the “modify” button to make the new dates stick.
A 1 night
deposit is due at booking, balance is due 30 days prior to arrival
. Any changes or cancellations to your booking must be made 7
days prior to your arrival date. Late arrivals, early departures, downgrade to room types, and no-shows are non-refundable 7
days prior to your arrival date.
****I would encourage all to make room reservations
as soon as possible. We will have a projected schedule posted on the website – www.westpoint72.com
– shortly. Unfortunately with the pandemic, we will probably not be able to lock everything up until next year so hopefully by early spring we will have the actual Mini Reunion registration available****